UH-1Y IP / Site Lead
This position is contingent upon contract award.
Pinnacle is seeking a Site Lead to support pilot, crew chief, and maintenance instruction of the AH-1Z and UH-1Y aircraft in the Czech Republic.
The Pinnacle Site Lead position will be located at the Czech Air Force Helicopter Base in Namest, Czech Republic.
The Pinnacle Site Lead will report to the OEM Site Lead / Chief Instructor Pilot, and work closely with the OEM Maintenance Training Lead in day-to-day operation.
Pinnacle Site Lead will provide and oversee the electronic and lab classroom instruction and on-aircraft training support for up to 40 pilots and 84 maintenance personnel over the contract Period of Performance (POP) in Namest, Czech Republic.
In addition, the Pinnacle Site Lead will oversee the instruction conducted on Flight Training Devices and in a maintenance hangar facility in Namest, Czech Republic.
The Pinnacle Site Lead will report to the International Program Manager (PM) in the corporate office in Huntsville for programmatic requirements.
The overall responsibilities of the Pinnacle Site Lead include :
- Providing pilot instruction and training to Czech Air Force pilots equivalent to the USMC MOS qualification process,
- Overseeing Czech AH-1Z / UH-1Y maintainer training,
- Serving as Pinnacle’s local representative responsible for coordinating Pinnacle Team personnel and class scheduling, jointly coordinating and scheduling their deployment and redeployment with International PM and the OEM’s Maintenance Training Lead,
- Ensuring student throughput objectives are met,
- Providing Pinnacle personnel administrative support,
- Coordinating directly with International PM for administrative assistance when necessary.
Other duties of the Pinnacle Site Lead include, but are not limited to, the ability to :
- Obtain proficient knowledge of the organization, direction, and requirements of the contract efforts and work closely with the International PM in Huntsville as necessary to support the customer and the Prime contractor (OEM),
- Work closely with Pinnacle leadership team and pilot and maintenance instructors as required to address program deliverables ( Human Resources, Recruiting, Finance, Quality / Compliance),
- Provide direct liaison support and maintain positive working relationships with the US and Czech government / military program management and support personnel,
- Assure the optimum utilization of program resources,
- Maintain accurate records of program data, deliverable items, and materials,
- Assist the International PM in monitoring, and balancing the constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risk while satisfying project requirements and exceeding customer expectations,
- Assist the International PM with achieving contractually based financial, schedule, and technical performance objectives.
Skills and Experience :
- Must possess a level of experience necessary to inspect all aircraft assigned,
- Will be proficient in the use of maintenance management systems utilized to maintain USMC aircraft forms and records. Plans, conducts, and supervises aircraft technical inspections.
Coordinates as necessary for all maintenance test flights, functional check flights and operation checks as required,
- Must be familiar with the compliance with aircraft configuration control, and adherence to all required practices as outlined in the General Operational Procedures (GOP) and Flight Operations Plan (FOP),
- Must be able to provide guidance to pilots and technicians in aircraft repair and technical inspection techniques and procedures according to directives, technical manuals, work standards and operational policies in support the OEM’s Maintenance Training Lead,
- Must have experience in preparing evaluations, special reports, and records pertaining to aircraft maintenance repair and related activities,
- Must have a demonstrated competence in project management and technical competence in aviation maintenance field(s) and a knowledge of industry policies and practices.
Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Department of Defense (DoD) regulations, requirements, policies and procedures, cost and schedule estimating, systems disciplines, engineering specifications and commercial practices relating to airworthiness and weapon systems maintenance management,
Must be able to assist the International PM with overall organization, direction, and requirements of the contract efforts.
A qualified candidate for a Pinnacle Site Lead must have :
- 8 years direct experience as a pilot
- Must be capable of qualifying to perform Hazardous Flight duties as Crewmembers / Non-Crewmembers,
- Must be familiar with and able to meet the qualifications in AR 95-20D, CONTRACTOR S FLIGHT AND GROUND OPERATIONS DCMA INST ;
AFI 10-220 IP; NAVAIRINST ; COMDTINST ,
Must have demonstrated experience with similar Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) military aviation contractor logistics support (CLS) programs.
Experience working in Europe preferred.
- BS / BA in logistics, engineering, computer science, information systems, math or business and four years experience in Program / Project Management,
- Desired : Military Pilot School Training FAA license / certification / EASA / ICAO equivalent. Military or commercial certifications / degrees ( Project Management Professional, Pilot, A&P mechanic )
- Should Executive Order 14042 be reinstated, proof of COVID-19 vaccination as defined by the order or an approved accommodation will be required
- Must be a qualified UH-1Y IP Instructor Pilot.
- Must be current and able to retain or regain pilot currency as required by NATOPS.
- Must have a minimum of 500 flight hours in aircraft type.
- Must be able to attain and maintain the US Navy Flight Physical / Medical Clearance.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Secret Level security clearance which requires US Citizenship.
- Travel up to 92% required.