Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll part of
Radio Frequency Software department is looking for motivated software development professionals for the position of Specification Engineer.
We are a part of Nokia Radio Frequency. RF Software is responsible for specifying, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining radio products’ software for various radio access technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, LTE and 5G.
We are divided into self-organizing teams, working in Agile environment.
Our products are developed mainly in C++ and C on several software architecture layers, including those close to hardware, as well as on higher levels of abstraction.
We are also responsible for our products’ integration throughout the whole product life cycle, which is performed in the automated Continuous Integration environment.
A common and clearly defined vision, open communication and a deep passion for innovation are the features that best describe our work environment and its unique atmosphere.
We believe these are the values that shape the future of technology.
What you will learn and contribute to
Specification Engineer is mainly responsible for :
- Requirement analysis, software design for embedded real-time platform
- Development of specification and design of assigned architecture entity
- Participation in planning, reporting and reviewing of documents and architecture within the frame of specific project
- Writing requirements, specifications and other guiding documentation for R&D from a technical point of view
- Cooperation with internal and external stakeholders involved in a project, coaching and leading the teams in solving complex engineering problems from various areas of technology
- Cooperation with software integration engineers regarding integration and verification within the frame of the project
- Conducting technical trainings
Your skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of C / C++ development, analysis and design of complex commercial software products
- Knowledge of Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective teamwork skills
- Fluent English, both spoken and written
Nice to have :
- Experience with RTOS and ARM architecture
- Basic knowledge in FPGA / ASIC design
- Knowledge of RF signal processing
- Proactive attitude
- Requirements engineering
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality :
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.